Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Ready to Kick the Habit? Acupuncture can Help!

Coffee, cigarettes, food, alcohol ... addictions are never easy to quit, especially when you're trying to do it alone. Many people try to find a replacement that often leads them back to the same place where they started. One recognized form of treatment is acupuncture. According to the National Institute of Health (NIH) and the World Health Organization (WHO), acupuncture can effectively treat various addictions, often with just a few treatments. Acupuncture can curb cravings and help kick the habit by helping the mind relax and the body detoxify. Acupuncture has been used in government-funded addiction programs across North America and is part of the Vancouver Daytox program, right here in Vancouver. Acupuncture proves to be a, cost-effective, viable alternative that won't leave you craving for more.

"Jennifer was my massage therapist 'extraordinaire' for 4 years while working in Edmonton. During this time, apart from my regular massage, she had given me a couple acupuncture treatments to clear up some pain I was experiencing in my rotator cuff. The acupuncture worked very well for me; the pain has not reoccurred since the treatments. More recently, I had gone through an unsuccessful attempt to quit my smoking habit of 28 years. Jennifer suggested acupuncture with electro-stimulation; I agreed, and that was the last day that I had a cigarette! I just celebrated 15 months as a non-smoker on July 2nd." -- Sheryl Y.

Check out the National Acupuncture Detox Association (NADA) at www.acudetox.com/ for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment